Aug

How Dentists are Brightening Smiles

A cosmetic dentist

Cosmetic dentistry is primarily about improving the appearance of your teeth and gums. Tooth whitening and the placement of porcelain crowns or veneers are examples of cosmetic dental procedures. More than half (51 percent) of patients having cosmetic dentistry procedures are between the ages of 41 and 60.

One popular cosmetic procedure is the addition of veneers. Veneers are usually made from porcelain, and are thin white layers that are bonded onto the surface of the natural teeth. There are different types of porcelain veneers costs vary. Another popular item in cosmetic dentistry are clear invisalign braces. They are particularly popular with adults who usually prefer not to have the traditional metal type of braces.

Dentists know that the tooth enamel is the hardest surface found anywhere in the human body. Cosmetic dentists help to keep the teeth looking their best. For cosmetic procedures such as porcelain veneers costs can vary greatly. If you are interested in cosmetic dental treatments, your general dentist can help answer your questions and recommend someone for you if the type of treatments you are interested in are not done in your dentists office.

Research more here: baysidenewyorkcosmeticdentist.com

Written by Seattle News Stations. Posted in Cosmetic dental procedures, No prep veneers, What is cosmetic dentistry

Comments (6)

• October 20, 2013 at 10:06 am |

Those veneers look like they really make a big difference. I have seen a lot of pictures and they can make someone go from average looking to hot.

• March 12, 2014 at 4:47 pm |

I have tried whitening toothpastes, and those strips that you can buy in the drug stores, they do work a little but I think the whitening treatment at the dentist office is probably a lot better.

• April 11, 2014 at 7:21 pm |